Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Remove Requirement for Administrator Credentials when installing new d

• Please log in to reply

Bruncko

Bruncko

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I'm pretty sure this would have been covered somewhere on this forum - apologies for the double up - but I can't seem to find it

I am trying to allow 'Power Users' to install new devices on to machines without needing to have the administrator credentials

Please note that this is not relating to just USB devices.

I have given Power users load/unload device drivers access, but it still prompts for Admin Credentials even for a usb key.

What gets me is, the image for the machine is adapted from a previous model of computer
(for example an IBM T43 and then adapted to an IBM T60) where users are not having any problems at all with the installation of devices (basically the drivers were updated to suit)
User access was un-altered. Permissions on the Domain have not changed either

Both machines are running the same operating system (XP SP2)

If anyone has any ideas or can point me to a thread that can help, it would be appreciated.
I'm open to any suggestions - even if you post directions on creating the user accounts from scratch - cos I may have missed something there - I just need to get this issue sorted and its doing my head in :whistling:

Cheers in Advance
Bruncko

Advertisements