Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ad Removal

• Please log in to reply

interpolarity

interpolarity

• PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
I have AdBlock Plus for Firefox, but is there any free program that can remove ads from external programs like AIM, and Videora iPod Converter? I tried admuncher, but my 90 day trial is over....
any suggestions?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
What makes AIM and MSN free is the adverts. If everybody removed these instant messaging services would close like no tomorrow.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
agreed....you want a free service...you have to put up with the ads...it's not that big of a deal

interpolarity

interpolarity

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
all right...I just knew that admuncher did, so i just wondered if there was something else like that free....

what about for IE though? I use it every now and then in dire emergencies, and I can't stand nearly getting a seizure every time I try to access a page.

HPDV8315LOVER

HPDV8315LOVER

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
There's always a catch on most free software. They all have ads. And some of them even have spyware on it.

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Employing the MVP Hosts file will stop most remote server ads from being displayed: http://www.mvps.org/...p2002/hosts.htm