Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Avast found Viruses

• Please log in to reply

hawthorn

hawthorn

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
Hello folks

My topic has 3 parts, which may be linked.

1 First my wireless broad band wasnt working yesterday or today, and Im wondering if the following problems may be the cause.

2 I have Avast anti virus and ran a "thorough" scan today and found 6 viruses

Name: Virus

A00006873.exe Win32:Trojan-gen {other}
A00006874.exe Win32:Trojan-gen {other}
A00006875.exe Win32:Trojan-gen {other}

The "Original Location" column said C:\System Volume Information\_restore and a long string of numbers

Then

Dc32.exe Win32:Trojan-gen {other}
Dc33.exe Win32:Trojan-gen {other}
Dc34.exe Win32:Trojan-gen {other}

Original location here was C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21 and again a long number string

All 6 under "Last Changed" column say 14-04-2007

OK, all I was recommended to do with them was move them to the chest. Are they gone or do I delete them or what?

3 My 3rd point; I have Avast for a while, but I thought it automatically scanned every day. These didnt surface until i ran the full scan manually today. I cant seem to find a way of setting it to scan say every 2 or 3 days. If any else uses it Id appreciate your take on this.

My broadband is back tonight working perfectly. however it also worked last night but not yesterday or today. It didnt show any wireless connection so wasnt detecting the router at all. Could this be connected with the viruses, I wonder?

h

Advertisements