Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

intergrated grapics card missing drivers

• Please log in to reply

ongoing

ongoing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
i did what you said seems the connection has been disabled..........cos i get a no signal on my monitor........there was only one connection originally........till i had to get my motherboard changed there are 2 now........but the one is only working......i should have mentioned this earlier......sorry about that

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
In many computers, when you install an add-on video card it automatically disables the one onboard. In older computer you had to disable one manually to enable the other to work. It's very possible that everything is ok and if it doesn't disturb you leave it as is. If you want to make sure that the onboard card is working you have to remove the add-on from the board and connect the monitor to the one left. It should work now.

ongoing

ongoing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
thanks for your help.......i think i will leave it as it is just in case i cause any malfunction...........thanks again

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
I think you are doing the right thing. Good Luck.