Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Medieval Total War II

• Please log in to reply

reforrest

reforrest

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hello,

I've come to these forums because I really couldn't get any help from the official website for MTWII. This is a problem that I've had since the game came out, I ended up using a nodvd.exe file. I really hate to do that because I baught the game. Also there is a new patch out, 1.2 and I can't use it unless I can fix this issue.

The game will install from the dvd just fine, it will not play though. It pauses for a second, then tells me to put in the correct dvd/cd, there are only two and I've tried them both.

On a side note, my DVD burner will not burn DVDs, I do not know why and havn't been able to fix that issue. I've read where my mobo has problems with SATA DVD burners and that is what I purchased unfortunatly. I'm wondering if this isn't part of the problem.

I've also purchased another DVD player drive, I can get it to work, but it isn't hooked up ATM. My CD-burner and DVD-read drives both hook up through an IDE cable.

Any thoughts or ideas on this would be greatly apreciated.

Windows: Windows XP5.1 (Build 2600) Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.11
Memory (RAM): 2048 MB
CPU: AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3800+
CPU Speed: 2411.6 MHz
Sound card: SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [DF00]
Display Adapters: Radeon X1900 Series | Radeon X1900 Series Secondary | NetMeeting driver | RDPDD Chained DD
Screen Resolution: 1600 X 1200 - 32 bit
:
Network Adapters: NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller - Packet Scheduler Miniport
CD / DVD Drives: D: PLEXTOR CD-R PREMIUM | G: PLEXTOR DVDR PX-716A
:
COM Ports: COM1
LPT Ports: LPT1
Mouse: 5 Button Wheel Mouse Present
Hard Disks: C: 69.2GB | E: 69.2GB | F: 69.2GB
Hard Disks - Free: C: 58.7GB | E: 52.5GB | F: 20.1GB
USB Controllers: 2 host controllers.
Firewire (1394): 2 host controllers.
:
Manufacturer: Phoenix Technologies, LTD
Product Make: MS-7125
:
AC Power Status: OnLine
BIOS Info: ATAT COMPATIBLE 022205 Nvidia 42302e31
Time Zone: Pacific Standard Time
Battery: No Battery
Motherboard: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD MS-7125
Modem: Not detected

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you can try looking at these options and see if this helps: https://activision.c..._guide_cd.php#3

If changing the dma doesn't help, then I would lead to a defective dvd drive. You might check with the drive manufacture's web site and see if there are any firmware updates.

reforrest

reforrest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
thanks for the reply chief, I've given up on it... no/dvd seems to be easyer... I hate to do it but I'm having a really hard time with it :whistling: