Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Advice on my computers "Everest Report"

• Please log in to reply

Mrphysics

Mrphysics

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have been having none stop problems with my computer since i got it about 6 months ago.

The problems are Bluescreening on games, general internet browsing, just general use of the PC basically. The most common error message is machine check exception..But it seems to go through stages of doing it all the time and then not at all for ages...So i have compiled a hardware report from Everest home edition below.

can anyone point out anything that could could be a problem with my system...Is the RAM speeds and frequencys setup wrong or is it over heating..Any advice would be great!

Attached Files

Edited by Fenor, 06 May 2007 - 08:33 AM.

Advertisements

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
The temperature for your processor is too high. It shouldn't exceed 60C under load. Clean the dust out of the fan and heatsink. You may even need to reapply the thermal paste correctly. Also the CPU fan speed seems a bit slow.

Mrphysics

Mrphysics

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thanks for your reply,

I have been looking into fan speeds in the bios, there is a option for Low, med and high speeds of the cpu. should i knock up these values?

Also the cpu temp in bios is 29 C, then in windows using everest and sandra lite, it has a value of 70 C. Is that because i am in BIOS and cpu is not being used?

Mrphysics

Mrphysics

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
This what i have done to try and reduce the temp on my cpu. It is at 70 C idle!!

-I have removed the heatsink and clean out all dust. There wasnt that much inside.

-I have taken the cpu out and cleaned the old thermal compound away, and reapplied following the instructions putting a thin layer of the compound on the cpu spreading it out as evenly as possible using the card supplied. Then reconnected the heat sink and fan. (fan blowing onto cpu)

-Also i have added more fans so i have 2 at the front/bottom blowing in and 1 at the top/back below the power unit extracting air.

However, no reduction in temp!! So im not sure. :whistling:

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
What CPU do you have...use everest to get the model and see what the alias is...like northwood..prescott...ect...give me the speed and and alias...I dont have the time to download and go thru the report...