Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows repair

• Please log in to reply

Muddy222

Muddy222

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello

I have been searching for advise and dont really know if I need to do a windows repair.

My machine has been running wonderfully until I was told to get registry mechanic and do a registry scan and repair.

Well this is were it all goes bad.

I ran the registry mechanic and did a repair

and deleted I think about 202 different problems that it found.

ever since deleting via Registry Mechanic I am having all sorts of problems.

My kaspersky Internet security keeps popping up with errors everytime I open a program with a drwatson32 tried to access kaspersky

Nearly all my programs when opening comes up with drwatson32 error and closes or drwin i think the other 1 is.

When I start up my machine it takes about 20 minutes for the icons to load in my task bar which used to load within minutes.

once the machine is operational if i open my email it works ok but if i drop it to my task bar and then try to reopen it I get drwatson32 on my screen.

I have all there messages about different windows files unable to load. Winull and remember the other ones

In a nut shell Will windows repair fix my registry... ps dont suggest doing a restore in registry mechanic as i have already tried that and got a message backup is corrupted unable to be used.

Why i originally used Registry Mechanic was to remove a problem I was having with WindvrNT.sys which i now know wasnt the only problem.

I have scanned my pc for viruses / malaware /adaware you name it i have scanned it with no errors.

I scanned my machine with RegistryBooster and it came back with 1003 problems all registry problems.

WILL WINDOWS REPAIR FIX MY REGISTRY

Help Please

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Fire up System Restore (Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools) and roll the system back to a point before you used Registry Mechanic. These programs are dangerous if (no offence) if you don't know what you're doing.

Muddy222

Muddy222

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you Neil.

Have been there and tried that.

The bad news... system restore was turned off.. I cant remember every doing it...

if I did do it.... but no one else has access to that area.

Anyway. will a windows repair fix my registry

thank you in antisipation