Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bluetooth Wireless 8000 laser Mouse

• Please log in to reply

DabCol

DabCol

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I recently purchased Bluetooth Wireless 5000 laser Mouse and had problems with same and after contacting Microsoft Support [ByPhone] they advised seems a faulty unit and for me to obtain a replacement. So I upgraded to a MS 8000 laser mouse

Have just installed the Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 8000 on my XP Home OEM Windows

Had a few problems with installing same
I installed as instructed the program from the disc supplied [Ver 6.1] and downloaded [as instructed] the Microsoft latest update [I searched the internet and found no method instruction to install the update] so installed it over the top of the existing program? After this the mouse somehow would not functional all OK and on looking I found the mouse did not appear in the Bluetooth Devices?
With a normal PS2 I uninstalled the 8000 mouse program from within "Control Panel =Add & Remove" and just installed the downloaded update program. I had problems so had to repeat the install a few times
Yes, I do now have the mouse running all OK with the mouse in the Bluetooth Devices!

Note within = Control Panel - Add & Remove = I have no Blue Tooth Program listed?

Now this is the problem? I do find I have 3 [Three] Bluetooth Icons in my control panel? All identical and functional
Somehow this does not seem correct?
Your comments please?

Advertisements