Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

media center dvd payer volume not loud enough

• Please log in to reply

gonflyn

gonflyn

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Just bought a laptop with Vista Home Premium on it. When playing a DVD in Media Center,
even with the sound all the way up, the volume is pathetically low, barely usable if there is
any ambient noise at all in the room.
Anyone know of any tips or programs to specifically boost the DVD player sound quality?

Much appreciated

Advertisements

gonflyn

gonflyn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Just using the built in speakers right now, would like to avoid having to hook up external speakers.

RussellV

RussellV

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I have the same problem with almost all my DVD and music programs. For music I have skirted it by using WinAmp with the iZotope add on. I have not found a work around for DVD's yet.

I have noticed that if you pull up the volume slider you can see that the output is for some reason limited to about 1/4 of the actual bar. I am using Realtek High Defenition Audio if that helps.

Also Other than media Center I have tried Media Player and Power DVD, with the same results.

Edited by RussellV, 15 May 2008 - 01:45 AM.