Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

After XP Re-install- PC does not recogize PCI 2.0 card

• Please log in to reply

ELECTRIC WIZARD

ELECTRIC WIZARD

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
I installed a Koutech PCI to USB2.0 Card Model IO-PU520 last year in my PC. It worked fine. I lost the install cd since then. I had to re-install XP and updated everything. I can use the USB 2.0 card but my pc says it is the 1.1 USB. I down loaded the driver. I tried updating the driver but the wizard says that it could not find a better match. The date of the driver I am using says 7-1-2001. New updated driver should be newer. Why is the new driver not installing. Do I have to uninstall the old driver?

any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
You can find the latest drivers for that card here: http://www.koutech.com/downloads.asp.

ELECTRIC WIZARD

ELECTRIC WIZARD

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hi

I down loaded the driver and try the install. But the wizard advised that it did not find a better match. DoI have to uninstall the old driver then install the new driver?

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Yes, that would be the safest way to go about it. Sometimes its alright to just install over the old drivers but theres no reason not to go ahead and uninstall the old ones.

ELECTRIC WIZARD

ELECTRIC WIZARD

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
I downloaded the driver from a different site and it installed correctly. The driver from manufactors website did not work.

thanks for helping.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Glad you got it worked out :whistling:.