Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No help needed just a hello =)

• Please log in to reply

joesquire

joesquire

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Just wanted to say Hello
I have posted on the forum but I have never really said hello properly
So hello people =)

Also could you check out my specs hehe

They're in my sig, please don't beat me up because i have a pants PC, its I have no money =D
If you have any suggestions to upgrade....that don't cost much at all....like around £10 hehe the please feel free to tell me, I always want to upgrade my computer but I can't be bother to do a big job...ie change the motherboard/processor....thats a big job for me OK!!! haha.

Edited by joesquire, 07 May 2007 - 05:44 PM.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Moved topic to Geeks To Go Feedback forum where it is more appropriate.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Moved to random discussion because his thread has nothing to do with feedback about GTG.

GodSpeed005

GodSpeed005

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
Sounds strikingly similar to my home system:

AMD64 3200+ 939
1Gb Corsair XMS DDR400 (with the cool activity LED's on aluminum heatsinks)
GeForce 6800XT
80GB 10krpm WD SATA Raptor

Was a decent rig when I built it 2 years ago. Gone through 3 PSU's but still running strong.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
I have no idea why this topic was moved twice and neither time was to the system building and upgrading forum. What are you looking to get out of your PC by upgrading? Better gameplay? Faster installations/load times?

Also I have a bit of trouble understanding, you say your not willing to upgrade the motherboard/processor?

Info on your power supply unit and your motherboard would be helpfull.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP

I have no idea why this topic was moved twice and neither time was to the system building and upgrading forum. What are you looking to get out of your PC by upgrading? Better gameplay? Faster installations/load times?

Also I have a bit of trouble understanding, you say your not willing to upgrade the motherboard/processor?

Perhaps it wasn't moved to that forum because it was really pretty random. I get the impression that suggestions for upgrades would be great - however, given the monetary limit, this isn't a serious system upgrade question.

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Hi joesquire.
You will need alot more than 10 quid to buy Vista Ultimate. I would suggest a nice led fan, or a perhaps sticker for your case. But you should really save up for a while if you want your computer to make a difference.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP

I have no idea why you believe you are more qualified than I am to decide where this thread should go.

Why random, hrmm, lets see. 10 quid isn't worth taking up the time of our system builder people? There is really no purpose to this thread? I cant tell if its an introduction thread or a system upgrade thread? The thread title says "No help needed".

Sounds random to me.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

Not everyone will feel comfortable taking on the job of replacing a motherboard, it's quite easy to understand as many people don't know as much as many of us on the forums. Just because we may be able to do it doesn't mean that the next person will be up to the task. Also as already mentioned 10 squid won't get you anywhere and I think it was more so directed as a joke then to be taken seriously, see the laughing afterwards :whistling:. I'd have to agree with ScHwErV, this topic is random.

By the way joesquire, Hello!

James

Edited by james_8970, 10 May 2007 - 09:43 AM.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
A upgrade you could do for almost nuttin at all Take some tin foil Fold it into some sort of oragomi animal and stick it on your monitor.

Just a quick search of google will tell you how to make one.

Then your computer will have a companion. I know how you feel about system specs.

Mine are
AMD Athlon XP 2800+ 1.86GHz Processor
1GB Ram
ATI Stealth 9800
200GB hdd gone bad. :whistling:
Windows XP PRo SP2 Duel bootin Suse LINUX.

I have also renamed it Kameko which is the symbol of tortoise (which means long life)
but i think tortoise fits it better. :blink: