Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dim Monitor

• Please log in to reply

h_mike

h_mike

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Today I got on my computer, and I noticed after booting up, my monitor is fine for about the first 10 secs while loading everything up on the desktop, then after about 10-15 secs, my monitor goes dim. I use a Dell E177FP (17 inch) on a ATi Radeon X1300 Pro video card. This monitor isn't old by any means. No more then 6 months old. The monitor settings haven't been touched, I've also reset the monitor to its Factory Settings to make sure that wasn't the problem, (that didn't fix it either, obviously).

I use Windows Vista: Home Premium (32-bit).

If anyone can help me, it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Edited by hayabusa_mike, 08 May 2007 - 09:55 AM.

Advertisements

h_mike

h_mike

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Forget about this post. I fixed my problem. All I had to do was a simple system restore. A file or something must have been changed.