Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

gimp animation help

• Please log in to reply

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
when trying to animate a gif in gimp, i can't get the frames to switch any faster than 100ms. I'm trying to make them switch every 50ms. I have done both:

framename(50ms)(replace)

for every frame

AND i've tryed

framename

and when I save, I choose "for frames where no time is set, what do you want time to be?" as 50ms and "for frames where neither combine or replace are set, which do you want?" is set to replace.

Neither seem to help. Replace works, but the frames travel the same as if they were set at 100ms. I am able to get them to go slower than 100ms.

any suggestions?

Advertisements

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
Quoted from the GIMP website:

In every GIF animation you are allowed to specify the delay between frames. That way you can create a 12 second animation using only a few frames, because the delay does not have to be constant. In GIMP you specify the delay as a layer comment. Just double-click the layer comment in the layers' window and a delay in ms enclosed in brackets ().

http://www.gimp.org/...ple_Animations/

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 2,579 posts
that wasn't my problem, i had (50ms) just like that <<. i sorted it out though, it was just that my old computer was too slow! on my faster computer, it ran fine.

another very odd problem: i have a 150 frame gif animation made in gimp. when i try to view it with "windows picture viewer (or something like that)" it freezes at about frame 110.

when i try to use that same gif in a visual basic .net project i'm working on, it also freezes (in the same place) and says "generic exception in GDI+".

however, when i put the same gif into an html file and open with IE, it works fine...

what gives?

thanks,