Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Running Processes

• Please log in to reply

lpchris85

lpchris85

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Hello all! i was just wondering if there was a less labor intensive way to figure out which of my running processes were unnecessary to my system besides going through the good ole' manual way, hate to be lazy but it seems programs like CCLeaner have spoiled me into letting other software do the work for me.

Would anybody happen to know of a good peice of software that could do this for me? Windows defender has an easy to use utility which i have used a few times, but other software would be better. bear in mind this isnt a NEED... but I do enjoy tweaking every part of my PC as i can :whistling:

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
when it comes to processes, google is your friend.

This is also an excellent site: http://www.blackvipe...supertweaks.htm

Thing is, once you tweak your startup programs and system services you shouldn't have to perform this task again unless you make major system changes.

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
For what I have learned about controlling my processes, with URLs of useful tools and informational sites, see my Vox:
http://doc1101.vox.com/ To visit the "links" copy and paste the URL to your browser address bar in a new tab.