Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Linksys Wireless-G Notebook adapter WPC54GS

• Please log in to reply

AJR35

AJR35

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi. I beleive that I've gotten a serious virus here.

At first, my notebook kept restarting when I tried to open programs. At startup I recieved a Zone Alarm message that lsass.exe was trying to access the internet. After using ATF cleaner, I ran the online panda and got over a 100 hits for viruses which were fixed. I tried to update Adaware SE and AVG, but I couln't connect to their server (I was using a LAN, and firefox was fine, go figue). I ran Adaware and AVG anyway and got rid of more files.

I then inserted my Wireless Adapter and got power for it, but the software that goes with it could not find my university wireless network (I know it was working because my friends were on it). There was no double computer screens icon on the bottom right of my desktop. Where the network connections are listed in windows there was no wireless icon/option.

My comp then froze (Problem with Explorer.exe) and I had to restart. Upon reboot, the wireless adaptor was no longer getting power. And I recieved a message that C:\WINDOWS\eksplorasi.exe was not found.

I've also uninstalled and installed the driver for the adapter, without luck.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Repost this topic in the malware forum (a link in my signature below). They will give you expert advice about what seems to be a malware infected computer.