Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems Downloading Files

• Please log in to reply

robertwessling

robertwessling

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I purchased a tool " Advance System Optimizer" I wanted to download it. I tries using Leechget and the download was corrupt. I ran Leechget withe Internet option and it was corrupt. I removed leachget and tried to redowlnload it and theLeechget file was corrputed, too. The " Advance System Optimizer" site suggested trying a Java tool. When I downloaded it it was corrupt. I have run Ad-aware, McAfee Virus san, Spybot, Spyblaster, and Spy Sweeper to clean my system.

I would appreaciate any suggestions you help

Advertisements

Kalian

Kalian

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
what is leechget?

also check your internet option security settings and make sure that downloading security is set so that you are allowed to download

if you have sp2, it may be possible that you have blocked the incoming ip from sending any information. click on that sp2 security icon in the toolbar and i believe its somewhere in the advanced settings where you can manually check or uncheck what programs and sites are allowed to run freely on your computer. make sure that it doesnt conflict with the website your using, or with any download manager or any other third party downloading assist program, such as a p2p or bt program.

hope that helps
Kalian

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Given all that, I would say

A) their file is corrupt (happens)
b) network congestion is too great....wait a couple hours and try again