Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

svhost.exe at 100%

• Please log in to reply

sadboy

sadboy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
after i followed n downloaded a program from one of the threat in this forum on WINPRO virus on every log in on my com it displays an error message saying "Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\witbyqxg.dll"

at 1st i thought it wasn't anything important since my com works perfectly normal but 2day my com freezes litterally after i login user i restarted many times n opened task manager b4 it freezes n when the com starts 2 freeze svhost.exe is at 100%

pls help T____T

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
I'm almost certain there should be no file on your system called "witbyqxg.dll". Google does not list it so it is most probably malware. Additionally, if you are sure about the spelling, "svhost.exe is" either a worm or a virus since the genuine file with a similar-sounding name is from Microsoft and is spelled svchost.exe. The virus/worm svhost.exe is programmed to use up all your system resources which further confirms that's what you have.

Update your antivirus and scan your system with it to see if it can detect and remove it. If that does not work, I suggest you download and run the latest version of "HijackThis" then post it's results to the malware forum here after first reading the "pinned" posts for guidance.
The malware forum on Geeks To Go is here: http://www.geekstogo...o-Here-f37.html

HijackThis is here: http://www.spywarein...jn/programs.php

Edited by pip22, 10 May 2007 - 02:20 PM.