Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Pictures - Problems copying pictures to a cd

• Please log in to reply

ulikey

ulikey

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hello!

I am trying to save pictures to a cd, and for every picture I try to copy I get a pop-up that says "Problem Copying"

Basically, I'm just trying to make back up disks of all my pictures, so I can erase some of the pictures from my computer!

I know how to back up the pictures using HP Image Zone, but I'm concerned I won't be able to get to those pictures if I ever need to use some one else's computer to access them. (You know, in the case that my house burns down, or computer blows up!)

Anyway, please help me figure out a way to save my pictures to CD's..

Thanks!!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You should just be able to right-click on them and Send To -> (your CD unit), then click the "You have files waiting..." button and then click "Write to CD" after putting a blank disk in.

ulikey

ulikey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I tried that... I run into the same problem..

I get a pop up that says "Windows encountered a problem trying to copy this file. What do you want Windows to do" Retry or Cancel...

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Do you get any further if you put the pictures you want in to a folder, then copy the folder using burn as data CD

ulikey

ulikey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Ok, I just tried saving a few pictures to a new folder.... And then copying them to the CD, and I still had the same problem.

I'm not sure how to "burn as data cd."

Would it be easier just to back them up using HP Image Zone?? Will I be able to access the pics using someone else's computer who does not have Image Zone??

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you try with this, in case it is something with the programmes / software you have, if it is we can look at solving it

http://www.cdburnerxp.se/features.php

ulikey

ulikey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Well that took me awhile! But yes, that CD burning program did work! So should I just go ahead and use that?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Yes, though I would check you can transfer them from the CD to your PC and maybe another PC before deleting anything from the hard drive

Check if you still get the error with the other software, if so and you want to look at fixing the error, post which programmes and software

ulikey

ulikey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Ok I will check that I can transfer the pics from that CD before I do any deleting!

I'm just trying to Copy the pictures from my My Pictures Folder... on the right side of the page there is an option to Copy selected pictures (or folders) to CD... and that's when I'm getting that pop up

I have copied pictures to CD many times before using that method, so I don't know what has changed.

Thanks!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
This may help, if not, and CDburner does what you need to do, I would be inclined to wait until something else needs fixing as a repair install is an option but it takes a couple of hours

Items in blue which are underlined are clickable to give more information about the process

Click start then run, type sfc /scannow then press enter, you need the XP CD

Windows File Protection will show an on screen blue progress bar which will simply disappear when the scan is complete, reboot when it does

Occasionally the system file check does not start using run, so you can also right click the taskbar, click task manager, click file, new task, type sfc /scannow then click OK

If you do not have an XP CD you can borrow a same version as was originally installed XP CD, if you downloaded SP2 then you need an SP1 XP CD

ulikey

ulikey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I think I will just use the CD burner program now, as I don't have an XP CD, and don't know who I could borrow one from!

Thanks for all your help!