Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Rootkit or Trojan maybe?

• Please log in to reply

safyrmwn

safyrmwn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I found this while searching the web for self-help with my issues.

http://www.mcse.ms/message1557577.html

It describes the same type of problems I'm having.

- I cannot install any antivirus software on my XP system. Windows Installer Wrapper error - "The windows installer service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running windows in safe mode or if the windows installer is not correctly installed."

- Component Services showed no dependencies for any services a few days ago. Now dependencies get a "win32 access denied" error.

- SEARCH from the START MENU does nothing, yet from within a Windows Explorer window SEARCH works fine.

- Device Manager - both cd and dvd show ! inside yellow triangle with a status "A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality (code 32)".
When I try to "populate" error of "Volume information for this device cannot be found. This may happen if the disk is a 1394 or a usb device on a Windows 2000 machine".

- Unable to connect to the internet, yet was able to see other computers on my home network. I physically disconnected myself from the network in order to keep my dis-ease away from the other LAN computers. (I'm using another computer to submit this hijack this log.)

I tried running all of the preliminary self-help suggestions that the system would let me.
I am at a total loss! I have no idea what to do next.

I am forever grateful to anyone that can help me, please.
Thank you for your time and consideration.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 2:17:10 PM, on 2007-05-10
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\type32.exe
C:\Program Files\UltraMon\UltraMon.exe
C:\Program Files\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
C:\Program Files\UltraMon\UltraMonTaskbar.exe
C:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper\DkService.exe
C:\Program Files\FolderSize\FolderSizeSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgbhp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\KhalShared\KHALMNPR.EXE
C:\Program Files\HJT\hijackthis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
O2 - BHO: SpywareGuard Download Protection - {4A368E80-174F-4872-96B5-0B27DDD11DB2} - C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\dlprotect.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [type32] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\type32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UltraMon] "C:\Program Files\UltraMon\UltraMon.exe" /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZoneAlarm Client] "C:\Program Files\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - Startup: SpywareGuard.lnk = C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
O16 - DPF: {0E5F0222-96B9-11D3-8997-00104BD12D94} (PCPitstop Utility) - http://pcpitstop.com...p/PCPitStop.CAB
O18 - Filter: AutorunsDisabled - (no CLSID) - (no file)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: AutorunsDisabled - C:\WINDOWS\
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Diskeeper - Diskeeper Corporation - C:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper\DkService.exe
O23 - Service: Folder Size (FolderSize) - Brio - C:\Program Files\FolderSize\FolderSizeSvc.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: TabletService - Wacom Technology, Corp. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Tablet.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

Advertisements