Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bios screen won't go away, help.

• Please log in to reply

Jason B

Jason B

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I updated the Bios of my 3yr old HP a545c with A7V8X-LA motherboard. It had version 3.03 in it, and I updated to the 3.15 on HP site. Now, anytime I reboot, the screen below says there, unless I hit F2. This is driving me nuts!

See here:
Posted Image

I frequently reboot and leave the room, but now the computer stays on this screen after I reboot, and I have to keep hitting F2. I did disable the boot screen in bios, but this still happens.

Please help.

Edited by Jason B, 11 May 2007 - 07:31 PM.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
I notice the message "floppy disk fail" which may be triggering the default to BIOS. Make sure the floppy is connected correctly, or if you don't have a floppy you may have to change your boot settings to disable the floppy, and any other changes related to the floppy. After the BIOS upgrade it probably reverted to the default settings which may need to be changed.

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
A word of advice for the future. never update a computer's BIOS just because an update is available. Only do so if you know the update will solve a specific problem you're having or will provide some extra settings which you need. If the existing BIOS does everything you need it to do, leave it well alone.

Edited by pip22, 12 May 2007 - 06:19 AM.