Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Punk Buster

• Please log in to reply

Elspartan

Elspartan

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Plz help i have been tring to download punkbuster updates for two weeks and i still end up getting kicked out of my server. If anyone knows how to fix my pb besides evenbalance.com plz let me know ASAP!

This is wat it says when i get kicked........ This is exactly wat its says when i get kicked out..... Server Disconnected - [WSN]Killerace has been kicked Via PunkBuster (for 0 Minutes)
...PB GUID AUTH: UNKN

Thank You for your time

El Spartan

Advertisements

HPDV8315LOVER

HPDV8315LOVER

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
If you're running Windows Vista, then try this. or If you're using XP, make sure you have Admin Right.

Battlefield 2 and 2142 are not supported, but are compatible with Windows Vista.

If you are running Vista, here are the steps to ensure your game will run properly:

1. Install the game as normally, ignore the "Only compatible with Xp" warning.
2. Once installed, run all the proper updates/patches.
3. Find the BF2/Special Forces/BF2142 Icon on your desktop.
4. Right-click on the Icon and select Properties.
5. Click on the tab titled Compatibility.
6. Check the option to "Run this program as Administrator."
7. Click OK.

You are good to go! If you fail to check the compatibility, the game will run and let you join a server, but you will be immediately booted out because PunkBuster will have insufficient access to your system files.

Hope this helps!

Elspartan

Elspartan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
MAN! lol still doesnt work :whistling: Any other ideas?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
let's start with updating punkbuster. See the instructions here for using pbsetup.
http://www.evenbalan...age=pbsetup.php

Elspartan

Elspartan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
i just tried this and followed the directions but, i still get kicked. by PB. When i use pbsetup it says there are no more updates for pb.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you did add the game to pbsetup, correct?

Elspartan

Elspartan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
YEA i added it.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
launch server, then from console enter the following command

/rcon pb_sv_restart

also you can enter this to force pb to update manually;
/rcon pb_sv_update

Ufmo

Ufmo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am having the same problem. I have done everything EA states except deleting registries etc. What the heck do we do, this doesn't make any since, I think this has happened to many players on EA games and they refuse to address it. I just bought the game, updated it and updated PB and nothing changed. I am running a brand new computer with Vista and i do think that has something to do with the compatibility. They haven't and probably won't answer my issue on EA. Why do they even use that stupid software.

Edited by Ufmo, 05 July 2007 - 06:36 PM.

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
punkbuster dosent allow you to host a server and plaon it i think so i jut dont bother with it