Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error on ATI Catalyst Software install

• Please log in to reply

wood-b

wood-b

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an ATI All in Wonder 9800 PRO card with the ATI catalyst software. Everything was working fine and I decided to upgrade the ATI software. I had problems so I uninstalled the software and tried to re-install using the original CD. When it gets to the end of the Multi Media Center install and error message pops up saying 'Module 1904: failed to register ccaption.dll' and the install stops.

I've posted on ATI website and haven't had much luck. I've also posted on other sites but haven't gotten any feedback yet. I know the ccaption.dll is the closed caption module for the ATI software but I'm not sure why it's not registering. I've tried uninstalling several times but I always get the same error.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on things to try?

Advertisements