Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Several issues with my Toshiba Notebook

• Please log in to reply

Angelboi

Angelboi

• PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
Its actually my brother's notebook, and it's pretty f'd up.

1) Internet doesn't function even though wireless says it is connected, however there is no SSID and i cannot use the Windows to configure the wireless internet. It says if i want windows to configure it, i need to start the Wireless Zero Configuration services.
1a) its an Intel® Pro/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

2) His volume controls no longer work. If you double click on the volume control icon, it'll state:
"There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Add Hardware."
"This Program will now close."
2a) As such, Video's have no sound (Rhetorical statement really).

3) Windows Blind has failed to continue working, and I don't know why, but my suspicion is that it has to do with all these issues.

Any help as soon as possible would be appreciated, although the Windows blind isn't top priority.

Advertisements

Angelboi

Angelboi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
I fixed the network so that the WZC controls the wireless network, so now i 'do' have an SSID, but the internet still doesn't work.

Angelboi

Angelboi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
Disregard this post, I seem to have fixed the problem.

Sounds work, Internet works, Windows Blind works.

Malikorx

Malikorx

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
Make sure you have proper protection from viruses and spyware. They can causes similar issues. Refer to the link below for a list of various recommended security programs. All are free and links are provided.

http://www.geekstogo...a...&pid=967561

Edited by Malikorx, 12 May 2007 - 01:19 PM.