Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows will not start on Computer

• Please log in to reply

Jaemal

Jaemal

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm not that knowledgeable with computers, so please bear with me. I'm trying to be as detailed as possible, and dont know which information will be of use and which will not.

I have a Dell Computer (System 5100)
BIOS Version A01 (5/25/05)
512 MB
I do not have a Windows XP disc.

My problem starts when I turn on my computer and it tries to access Windows.
Everytime, it will stop midway during the process, and a Blue Screen will appear that reads
"A problem has been detected and Windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer"
Unmountable_Boot_Sequence
Technical Inforamation:
Stop: 0x000000ED (0x83195CD8) 0xc0000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000

I cannot get into Windows Safe Mode either, so I really cant check if its a virus or something else thats wrong.
Today is the first I'm noticing of this problem. Recently I was having trouble with my USB ports (would not recognize IPOD player, but worked for my wireless adapter for my router)
And I noticed on my Computer's Boot Sequence, it has (Onboard IDE Hard Drive) / and (USB Device) marked down as both
"Not Present".

I'm hoping to find someway to be able to get back into Windows/ for it to start working again, without taking it in to get it looked at/checked, because this seems to be an arm and a leg problem.
Your help is much appreciated.

Edited by Jaemal, 12 May 2007 - 07:50 PM.

Advertisements

cruz07

cruz07

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Make sure ure harddrive is plugged in properly, if so then try using another computer and downloading a Boot CD, such as the Ultimate Boot cd - and booting from that

razamanaz

razamanaz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Although you mention you have no windows disk is there any way you could borrow one from soneone for half an hour, if not then visit here to download the floppy disk set up tool from microsoft - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310994 (please note you will need 6 blank floppy disk for this operation). Next - boot from the disk (or diskettes) and when prmpted select the option ® to boot to recovery console. Once you have the console open then type in the following chkdsk /r this should only take a minute to run through, then once finished try rebooting to windows again - see if that does the trick.