Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Exposed Parts

• Please log in to reply

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

Thinking of building a modded PC case. Won't reveal the details just yet, but I can say that most of the hardware components will be exposed. Without being in a case, do you think the parts will overheat?

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Magus

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
What are we talking about exposed. No fan or side of the case off. If you don't have a fan or water cooling, yes without a doubt the components will overheat. Otherwise companies wouldn't add them in the first place.
James

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
James,

Thanks for the information. The information you provided confirmed what I thought to be true. When I said exposed...I meant no case at all. It would almost be like hanging the parts mid air or something. I suppose I might could pull it off with water cooling though, eh?

Thanks,

Magus

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
yeah good luck. You could also look at passive cooling on the lower end graphics cards, it would look pretty close to having nothing at all.
James