Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Emails not being received

• Please log in to reply

suegy

suegy

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
I have a DSL line with Verizon and I use Outlook Express on a computer using Windows XP. I send email to a friend with an AOL email account, and my message appears to be sent, goes into the sent folder, but she doesn't receive it. Is the problem on my end or hers? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

S. GIlson

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
It's probably on her AOL end, especially if she's the only one not receiving your email. She should check her spam mailbox and make sure she authorizes your address or "whitelists" it. Your email is probably sitting in AOL's spam folder.
Johanna

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
AOL tend to block email from domains that have a lot of junk email from them and not tell anybody. At one point a couple of years back half the internet email domains couldn't send email to AOL as they'd blocked them all.

suegy

suegy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Problem is solved. I checked with my ISP and everything checked out fine. She got my email last night, so apparently everything is now working correctly. Thanks for your help.

S. Gilson