Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XBOX Live

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

kill_hXc

kill_hXc

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Hi,

Long time since I posted anything in these forums! And I'm being a bit of a trickster, I've got a few questions about a few different things...

The main one is about my XBOX 360. I finally brought one this weekend, and obviously brought XBOX live! The only problem is, the XBOX won't connect to my LAN...

I have got it linked up by an Ethernet cable to my laptop (Toshiba Equium 7500) which in turn connects to a Belkin 54g wireless router (connected to an NTL provided modem) through my laptop's internal wireless card. I can't connect the Xbox directly into the modem or the router, just not an option, so this seems the best way to do it.

I tried to connect to Live! but got told that the MTU test had 'failed'; basically I don't know what this means or how to fix it. I went looking around online and I found out from the Microsoft site how to change the registry to affect MTU settings, but it hasn't done anything. If anyone could post a guide on how to set up my XBox to the network I would be highly grateful.

The next thing I need to ask is whether there is a way to apply a barrier to the amount of HD space a certain user can use on a home PC? I ask because my mum needs to stop my bro using up all the computers space with his 'naughty' downloads...any help?

Last but not least, is there a way to get to 'System Restore' without the WinXP Accessories shortcut? Because I seem to have deleted it!...

Here's hoping that someone out there can help me with all these problems!

Tom Witcomb

p.s. If anyone is annoyed that I posted 3 things in one post, then please just tell me not to do it anymore, and I will create separate threads for each problem.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Don't know anything about XBOX 360, maybe try posting in the Networking section.

To access System Restore, Click Start menu > Help and Support and under the "Pick A Task" heading, click on "Undo changes to your computer with System Restore". This actually opens the system restore program and you can create a new point or restore to an old point from here. There may also be a faster way of accessing it, but this works.

As for the limiting space for users, I'm not sure exactly how to use it, but if you right-click on your hdd, select properties, and then select the 'quota' tab, it's something to do with this. I suggest you search (Google, Microsoft etc...) on how to properly use this as I have never bothered with it.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.geekstogo...-...80.html&hl= duplicate