Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Application configuration is Incorrect..."

• Please log in to reply

evovove

evovove

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
hey guys,

I am attempting to install VMware workstation v6.0 from my local disk (C:) and whenever i open the exe to try to install it I get the following error message: "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." I have managed to install VMware wrkstn (from the same installation file) on another one of my computers and it is working perfectly with no errors.

This is the first time I have encountered an error like this and would appreciate some help in resolving it.

Here's a screenshot of the error just for fun

Posted Image

Thanks in advance,
Evo

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
here is what I see. You have a XP machine that will give you that error when trying to run the exe.

You copied that same exe to another XP machine and it installed fine.

You went back to the original exe and tried again and it failed.

Have you copied the exe from the machine that worked to a different location on the machine with the problem?

evovove

evovove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
hi,

yeah I have done that and it's still not working :whistling:

-evo

evovove

evovove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I just got another error message from opening a new installation of the program (I downloaded it again from VMware) and saved to a new location. The message talks about permissions, so I have checked the permissions and they are fine, I am also the owner.

Here's some screenies:

Error message
Posted Image

Permissions
Posted Image

Thanks,
evo