Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ip Fragmentation Virus

• Please log in to reply

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
is there a new type of virus out that compltetly bugers up explorer.exe??
i have been connected to the internet today and my pc started hanging up and doing nothing. i then restart but on logon it hung up again and on another reboot the start bar and icons didnt come. this has happened on all 3 of my computers
they manage to log on if you un plug the network and cables
they all have firewall and everything and i have run avg spybot adawre on all 3 finds a few traking cookies nothing major.
i have pluged the internet back on on 1 and its completly hung up
i can tell its explorer.exe thts hung up because i have rocket dock and tht sill works fine but nothing else
is this a new virus and what can i do?

Advertisements

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
ok its not a virus (well dont think so)
i ve had a look on sygate perosnel firewall and i think the reason it hangs up and dosent work is because of an ip fragmetation
heres what the secruity report says....
Denial of Service "IP Fragmentation Overlap" attack detected.
Description:
An IP Fragmentation Overlap attack exploits IP's packet reassembly feature by creating packet fragments with overlapping offset fields, making it impossible for your system to reassemble the packets properly.

ive had about 10 of these attaks incoming and 2 outgoing
now tht i installed sysgate on this pc the attaks have stopped
the attaks have been coming at around about the same time andd then stooping and then coming
how can i fix this problem??
please help
SpuD

also on another pc NDIS User mode is trying to be accsed by a remote machiene

Edited by ==SpuD==, 13 May 2007 - 01:41 PM.

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
on one of my pc sysgate perosnel firewall keeps blocking ip fragmentations inbound and outbound.
i had this problem yesterday but only have just found out what it is
i think somethings got on to my pc and is sending ip fragmentations and some one else is sending it ip fragmentation using a UDP protocol
how do i remove this as none of the virus checkerrs find anything and how do i stop this unidentified source send ip fragmentation
also the firewalls attak graph history keeps going up every few seconds at the same priod of time
and if i backtrace the inbound ip fragmentation it comes up with Some black hole thing
is any 1 else having this problem?
please help
SpuD

p.s sygate personel firewall keeps coming up with NWLINK2 IPX Driver is trying to send a packet or being contacted by a remote machiene
if you click no it constantly tries sending packets but always gets bloked

Edited by ==SpuD==, 14 May 2007 - 11:11 AM.