Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Proxy Server and SKYPE

• Please log in to reply

marelsoft

marelsoft

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
I have been using SKYPE service for a long time and always purchasing credit using my Credit Cards. Recently, I cant do it. Skype sent me the following text " Thank you for contacting Skype Support.

Skype uses a 3rd party payment processor to handle credit card
transactions. According to them you are accessing the Internet via a proxy
server and therefore they will not accept payment.

Skype cannot disable or change this security setting."

I contacted Comcast my ISP and was told they dont use proxy etc.
I have two PC with XP connected via router. I did not any problem with Skype transaction before.
So what may caused this problem to pop up without any reason?.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
If only one of your two PC's is 'wired' to the router (eg NOT wirelessly connected) use that one to do your Skype payments from. Or disconnect the wired PC from the router and connect that PC direct to the modem and try doing your transaction then.

It's just possible the router is being seen as a proxy so eliminating it temporarily may do the trick.

marelsoft

marelsoft

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Thanks pip22. When I disconnected router transaction went thru. I contacted Netgear support team to get advice on how to overcome this problem. I let you know once I hear from them.