Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor Problems

• Please log in to reply

Tim'A

Tim'A

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
I'm using my laptop (Toshiba Satellite A105) as a type of desktop pc. (External Speakers External monitor External HDD .etc) And whenever I try to play video through my external CRT Moniter, I can only hear audio and the video is just a black box. When I play video through my laptops LCD Screen it plays fine, and when I play video through my S-Video TV it works. I've installed all the codecs and evrything. Is there somthing wrong with my Moniter????

(KDSUSA Model No. 786N Product No. XF-7B . . . FEB2004)
(Took from old eMachines PC)

Thank you for any help, will provide more info @ request!

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I am getting the impression that you can use your crt for everything EXCEPT playing videos. If so, here's a suggestion (below). If not, please be more descriptive.

When trying to play video through crt, can you still see the video on the notebook screen? Try checking your monitor settings - right-click desktop > properties > click settings tab. Here you should be able to see if your crt is the default monitor. If it's not the default monitor, make it. If it is, swap it. See if that makes any kind of difference.

EDIT: It also may be something to do with your graphics card (or onboard) settings...

Edited by ruthandtroy, 17 May 2007 - 09:28 AM.

Tim'A

Tim'A

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Thank you, I just had to install a driver for my monitor and switch from multiple displays to single display. Video now shows up!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Good good, glad it works :whistling:

Edited by ruthandtroy, 20 May 2007 - 08:45 PM.