Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

mozilla firefox not opening

• Please log in to reply

t3chnon3

t3chnon3

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
like the title says the mozilla internet browser isn't opening for me. I know i should try uninstalling and installing again but then i'll lose my "favorites" links. If i knew where the favorites folder for mozilla was i'd reinstall.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi t3chnon3...

Look in C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles. Inside the Profiles folder should be a rather oddly named folder which will contain all the backup information for your Firefox profile. The Application Data folder is a hidden folder so make sure the Folder Options is set to show hidden files and folders.

You might try starting the Safe Mode version of Firefox from the Start menu. If it will open, try changing the Firefox theme and see if it will open normally.

wannabe1

Malikorx

Malikorx

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
Saving a copy of your Profile folder is good because it contains the information that is used for saved passwords, bookmarks, etc. If starting in Safe Mode works then, as stated above, trying changing your theme or reverting back to the default theme. Also, some add-ons may be causing a conflict.

t3chnon3

t3chnon3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
yes it worked! thnx a lot guys.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Glad we could help! :whistling: