Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty

• Please log in to reply

conroy

conroy

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Ok me and my brother have two computers and we want to paly Call of Duty together on the same server but it won't allow us to. It just stays there at awaiting connection and one of us gets that while the other goes into the server and play. We have wireless connection the both of us and our ips are the same
besides for the last 2 or 3 digits. Which we have already asked people who do this and they play on two diffrent connections, paying for 2 internet services. We just have a router with 1 internet link and we support all of our computers. We don't want to have to get another internet line. So what do I have to do to make this work?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
The issue of multi pc's going through a router to a game server is a non issue. That in of itself should not cause any issues. However, your type of connection is most likely the issue. Wireless connections introduces latency that many games are sensative to. This is especially true with first person shooters.

To rule out possible wireless issues, try connecting with a wired connection and see if that resolves the issue.

There also could be an issue with your broadband connection. Do you know what your provider has listed for your download speed?

conroy

conroy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
My download speed is 1620 kbps and my upload is 591 kbps