Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Remote UI Crash

• Please log in to reply

Rhionin

Rhionin

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
About every 15 seconds on my computer, I get a Microsoft error report about Remote UI Service crashing. The only change that occurred on my computer since the problem started was that I upgraded my Warcraft III game to the Frozen Throne expansion. I cannot find anything in the Add/Remove Programs tab about a Remote UI Service. The technical report of the error report says:

"The following files will be included in this error report:"
C:\DOCUME~1\OWNER~1.GAT\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERcf50.dir00\Remote UI Service.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\OWNER~1.GAT\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERcf50.dir00\appcompat.txt

I looked up this directory, and there literally is a folder in Docs and Settings entitled "OWNER~1.GAT". When I looked inside, the directory went to \TEMP\ and the rest is hidden files. I figured it was a virus of some sort and deleted the whole folder. However, even though the folder no longer exists, the error occurs and I get the same technical report from a directory that no longer exists. I am quite thoroughly stumped at this point.

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Looked up the file Here is the information I found

Related to Intel® _Alert Service from Intel Corporation. Note: Located in C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelDH\Intel Media Server\Shells\

Try Reinstalling your chipset drivers.

Rhionin

Rhionin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Nicely done. The filepath you gave me is definitely where the file is located. However, I am unfamiliar with how to reinstall chipset drivers. do I download them or are they included on my recovery CD?

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Depends what is the Make and model of your computer.

Rhionin

Rhionin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Gateway GT5263E

Rhionin

Rhionin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
UPDATE: For anyone interested in the solution of this problem, I simply reloaded my computer to a system restore point before the computer was shut off and it runs just like it did! No problems