Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Connection Problem

• Please log in to reply

laas

laas

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey whats going on guys,
My problem is that my computer freezes every time I try to connect to the internet through a new modem, my girlfriends computer connects but only you play around with the cable where it connects. Very frustrating! My computer will connect wirelessly to the neighbours wireless no problem and my old connection was fine but i can't find any reason why this happens, but im not really computer savy. As soon as it says verifying user it freezes. Any info would be much appreciated,

thanks.
Laas

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. Just so we know a bit more about the problem, can you please post more information on your computer:

Make and model (or any specs you do know)
Type of modem (brand, how it connects - usb?)

Anything you have done recently, like install/uninstall programs, hardware?

Cheers, the more we know, the more someone might be able to point you in the right direction.