Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error Copying From CD-RW HELP!

• Please log in to reply

Onestep

Onestep

• PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
I have a very big problem. I have a CD-RW with some problem on it that I recorded on there for safe keeping. I went to get one of the programs off of the CD-RW tonight and copy to my desktop and I got the following error message: "Error Copying File or Folder: Cannot read from the source file or disk." Does anybody know how I can get my programs off of the CD-RW? I have bought a new CD burner and these programs were put on using my old burner, if that helps. Many thanks and all help is deeply appreciated.

Edited by Onestep, 08 April 2005 - 08:52 PM.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
First, CDs go bad, they warp, they scratch, they break down in sunlight

It's worth noting, though that depending on how the laser is calibrated, different CD-lasers can be slightly off, so you may have luck reading it with the old drive or another drive.

I know that is little consolation in the middle of the night while you are trying to get something done.

Try cleaning the CD in warm soapy water, pat dry. and stick it in another reader if possible

Onestep

Onestep

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Hi Computer Geek,
Thank you for responsing and the issue has been resolve. I got a program called "Bad Copy Pro" and it saved me. Many thanks.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
neat....was it able to recover teh entire disk, or just part of it?

I am curious.

And, if you're so inclines, the site has a new review section, if you'd care to add it.

Onestep

Onestep

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Hi Computer Geek,
It was able to pull every file off and the disk was completely full. I highly recomend this program.
Bad Copy Pro
http://www.jufsoft.com/badcopy/