Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

StarCraft: Brood War Latency Issue

• Please log in to reply

Tibatron

Tibatron

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I recently started playing StarCraft again, and having been getting really bad lag on Battle Net.

Everything works fine when there is only 2 people in a game, but if there are 3 or more players, Everyone gets really bad lag, and it is almost like you are watching a slideshow.

Does anyone else have this problem, or have a solution?

Thanks.

System Specs:
AMD Athlon 64
X2 Dual Core Processor, 3800+
2.00GHz
1.00GB RAM

Edited by Tibatron, 20 May 2007 - 07:53 PM.

Advertisements

HPDV8315LOVER

HPDV8315LOVER

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
did you update StarCraft?

Tibatron

Tibatron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Yes. I got the 1.15 update.

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
Yes, Patch v1.15 comes with a lot of bugs, including being unable to use Oblivion and unable to stack Zerg units.

Uhh... what I meant to say...

Patch v1.15 comes with a lot of bugs, including reduced download speed, not downloading maps at all, random drops, maphacks not working, lag, and many complaining users.

Just wait for Blizzard to fix it up.. oh, wait they're working on SCII! What's the point if you can't keep the normal SC up and running :whistling:

Capt Crappy

Capt Crappy

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I also have this problem as I lag everytime I join a game and then get disconnected. But I dont understand why it still works for some people. I used to be able to play and havin been trying for about the past month. Prior to this I hadnt played since december, but it had worked fine then.

Max50

Max50

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
My only latency problem is that when I create a game nobody can join because my latency is so high. So I can't make any of the awesome RPGs that I have and play with people :whistling:

MAD 4 Brood War

MAD 4 Brood War

• Pip
  • 3 posts

My only latency problem is that when I create a game nobody can join because my latency is so high. So I can't make any of the awesome RPGs that I have and play with people :)

You have the same problem as me....when ever i try to create on Brood War no one join cause of latecy. :)
:) so i cant make any mad games i have downloaded

Plz Help :) :)

Edited by MAD 4 Brood War, 08 June 2008 - 09:55 PM.