Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Faulty driver?

• Please log in to reply

lacokanostra

lacokanostra

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
I got this most up to date driver from this m audio site, and it sais it was installed fine and ready to use so i turn on my fast track pro, and it doesn't work....
So i go to device manager and go to sound and there is a yellow exlamation mark over the fast track pro and i go to properties and it said it may be corruped or missing code 39 what's this mean.........

Posted Image

Advertisements

Malikorx

Malikorx

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
Sometimes the newest driver for a device is not always the best to go with. If you are having problems with it and the issue cannot be resolved, try rolling back to the old driver. This can be done by right-clicking the device in the Device Manager and going to Properties. Then go to the Driver tab and click Roll Back Driver. This will roll the driver back to the previously installed one.

lacokanostra

lacokanostra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Won't work...what does code 39 mean?

Malikorx

Malikorx

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
Run REGEDIT, open up the following folders:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SYSTEM
CurrentControlSet
Control
Class
{4D36E965-E325 -11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

After clicking on {4D36E965-E325 -11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} you should see two settings on the right-hand side:
"Upperfilters"
"Lowerfilters"

Click on each of them, press DELETE and click YES.

Reopen Device Manager and try again.

lacokanostra

lacokanostra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Kay well I did that, and then uninstalled the driver, re installed it.

And I still get this...(picture below) but it sais in the bottem right corner the hardware has been installed....

but why does it still have that exclamation mark and is un-useable....

Posted Image

Edited by lacokanostra, 21 May 2007 - 11:17 AM.

Malikorx

Malikorx

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
Hmm...did the driver work fine before updating it? If so, do not use the new driver and keep using the old one that worked before. If a driver is working fine then you shouldn't update it because of the chances of something like this happening.

lacokanostra

lacokanostra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Yeah it worked but not good the mic would always crackle when it shouldn't have sometimes so it needed to be updated but now it won't even work....so i don't know what to do? suggestions?

Malikorx

Malikorx

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
Are you sure the driver was the cause of the crackling? Maybe it was the microphone itself or possibly a bad connection to the computer.

lacokanostra

lacokanostra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
nawh pretty sure it was the driver i have a top of the line mic and connection, i don't know what to do cause i can't roll it back cause ive installed and uninstalled this driver so many times....but it should work it's from the official M-audio site? maybe it's settings or something?

Malikorx

Malikorx

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
Possibly. I'm not sure what would cause this issue. It could be malware or a virus. Have you ran scans for those yet? If not, look in the Malware forum for instructions on how to do a thorough scan.

lacokanostra

lacokanostra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Yepp, did that.

I don't know is there anyone else on this site that knows why this might be happening?

I don't know to much about drivers but can i just download some other driver and it will work with the fast track pro?

Or do you probably need the official ones from the site.

Edited by lacokanostra, 21 May 2007 - 01:39 PM.

lacokanostra

lacokanostra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Okay now I'm REALLY confused I was reading up on the official site and it sais this

http://www.m-audio.c...4bb230c809fef0c

And I just so happen to have Windows XP Media Center Edition

Is that that sais meaning it's compleatly uncompatable with my computer?

because i allready had it working....??? i don't getttttt thissssssss

Malikorx

Malikorx

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
Its not supported meaning they can't help if you use it with WMCE. They cant offer support with problems if it is used on a WMCE computer

lacokanostra

lacokanostra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Oh okay well, yeah i don't lknow maybe if i just wait somebody else will be able to tell me how to get it working thanks a lot for your time anyways though.