Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to Contact Bearshare (ripoff company)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ChipsA.Hoy

ChipsA.Hoy

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I have tried canceling my Bearshare account numerous times. They keep billing me, and EVERY TIME I call their phone number, I get disconnected as I become the next caller in line to be answered. What a scam company! Anyone know how to get through to them?

Thanks,

Chip

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Call you credit card company, they'll probably be able to discontinue the transactions from the bear share.
James

Edited by james_8970, 21 May 2007 - 10:52 AM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
In addition to the above advice:

Cancellation. You can cancel your subscription by delivering notice to Musiclab by sending an e-mail notification through our form at http://wa.bearshare....pport/feedback/. Musiclab will reasonably attempt to return a cancellation confirmation to your email address. You should retain this confirmation as a record of your cancellation. If you cancel your subscription, Musiclab will not refund any remaining portion of your subscription fees.

cancel bear crap

cancel bear crap

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ordinarily one would go that route for cancelling bearshare subscription, but try contacting them with the form and the response is "i don't know what you're talking about." Call the 212 number which is long distance and be placed on hold for a long time with a fat bill. Bearshare basically misleads people by suggesting it's compatible with your ipod. It isn't, don't fall for it. :)