Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

win 2003 SBS server info

• Please log in to reply

bobmad

bobmad

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
We have a 2033 server (small Business server edition) and I'm going to be expected to handle all administrative duties on it.

I have networking knowledge/experience (back in Novell days), and I'm computer knowledgeable, but I've got no clue where to start looking for info on active directories, group policies, etc...

I'm not looking to have someone do my job for me but I could really use a pointer to some useful information on these types of topics.

I did buy a book (100's of pages long about windows 2003 server), but it assumes Active directories knowledge. I bought a training DVD on "network +" and "security +" but I've yet to find these sections.

What I'd love to have is some on line training/references so I can get a conceptual framework together on this type of server. Anyone know of an on line source that could get me close?

Advertisements