Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to run Outlook while ZoneAlarm is active

• Please log in to reply

Mark W

Mark W

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
I'm having a problem using Outlook 2003 on a machine with ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 7.0. It's running on Windows XP Pro.
It worked fine for a long time and I'm not sure if I responded wrong to a popup once but now as long as ZoneAlarm is activated it won't work. I can open outlook but when it checks for email it isn't able to connect to the internet to send or receive. I know ZoneAlarm is blocking it. All I have to do is disable it and Outlook works fine. Even a unrelated program, QuoteTracker, is the same. It monitors stock quotes over the internet and won't work with ZoneAlarm enabled but works fine with it disabled.
I went into my settings for programs and made sure that there is a green checkmark by all the settings next to Microsoft Outlook. I know some other programs have red x's but yet everything has green checkmarks so I don't know what's causing this. is there another program setting I have to change or some other setting? I don't want to risk disabled ZoneAlarm frequently.

Advertisements

ViprXX

ViprXX

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
probably have to add outlook to zone alarms trusted list. I think its in the access control options.