Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2003 "out of memory"

• Please log in to reply

cca50

cca50

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I have read all the posts, tried them with no help. I have done the Detect and repair time and time again. I have tried to up the virtual memory but can only get it to set at 3072MB max. I have read that the virtual memory should be set to a higher % but I have no idea on how come up with the figure to do it. I have a 120 gig hard drive with 2 gig of PC3200 ram, AMD Athlon3000+. Still, every time "auto archive" starts or I try to open the archives to look up past emails, I still get the "out of memory, please quit some programs" message. Yes, the Office source engine is enabled. Any idea where to go from here?
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Advertisements

cobhcf

cobhcf

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
Try cleaning all the temp files from your computer and defragmenting the drive.

1) Go to start>programs>accessories>system tools>disk cleanup> and select your c: drive

2) Go to start>programs>accessories>system tools>disk defragmenter> and select your c: drive

See if it works! ;)

Cheers! :tazz: