Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

reseting my computer

• Please log in to reply

alexjames

alexjames

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a laptop Toshiba Satellite M50/M55 series. The problem is that a fews days ago i turned off my computer and when i went to turn it on again it always appears the message that the computer find some errors and it couldn't start normally. I've already tried the System restore and i got back like almost two months ago, but the pc still doesn start. So i was thinking that the best way is to reset my whole computer like a brain new one, but i have no clue how to do it, if somebody could help me. i have a back up of my whole computer in an external hard drive. Can somebody tells me the steps to reset and back up my computer again????
thanks

Edited by alexjames, 23 May 2007 - 09:12 PM.

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
As far as your Backup what method are you using like a External HDD just copied files over?

What are the error messages that you are getting maybe we can help you with those.

alexjames

alexjames

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The mesage of error it says that some of the programs didn't get to start , for cause of something i've modified recently. About the external drive i have a backup of all the things in the computer like programs and files. It's a external drive from Seagate.
thanks

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
What Backup Utility did you use to put all your files on the external Hard Drive.

What is the exact error message or messages?