Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unknown Problem

• Please log in to reply

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi Everyone,

I have two different things to ask about here. First: When I rebooted my PC a few minutes ago I got an error message saying PML Driver has encountered an error and needs to close. What the heck is a PML Driver anyway?

Second: I've been trying to start SpyBot Search and Destroy but something isn't working right. Every time I try to start the program it starts loading up then I get an error message that says Socket Error #11004, anyone know what that means?

Thanks for any help,
Wendy

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
From here

HP PML Driver for HP’s Photosmart printers. PML stands for Printer Management Language and is an object-oriented request-reply printer management protocol where each PML object is associated with a unique piece of printer information while the PML commands specify the way the objects are accessed. From a layman’s perspective all you need to know is that PML is one of many printer control languages and it is the one used by your HP Photosmart printer (on account of the fact that it is better suited for the handling of digital imaging objects).

Do you have a HP Printer by any chance?

If so try reinstalling your HP drivers.

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Thanks for the information and yes I have a HP printer. I think it had just gotten mad at me for turning off the digital imaging monitor as I have restarted my system several times since then with no problems.

Do you have any idea what might be causing that socket error #11004 to come up when I try to start SpyBot S&D?

Thanks,
Wendy

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
It is a networking issue.

Do you have a firewall?
Do you have a Proxy server?
Have you tried a different server to download from?
Is your version upgraded?

zbd

zbd

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
Please do not give malware removal advice in the tech forums. Malware advice is given ONLY by our Malware Experts and then ONlY in the Malware Forum.

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi tuxmaster,

Thanks for the information, it was helpful in getting me closer to the root of my problem. I still have a couple more adjustments to make before I declare this issue resolved. I'll be getting back to you... RIGHT HERE as I proceed.

Hi zbd,

EXCUSE THE FORK OUTTA ME Boo! What the heck do you think you're doing coming on here and BMW'ing and screaming at someone, IN RED YET, for answering my post?

First off I don't see any MALWARE REMOVAL ADVICE BEING GIVEN HERE BY ANYONE TO ANYONE and second... Do you think I'm so dumb that I don't know where to go to seek advice on Malware Removal on this site?

I'd like to point out that I see the title of "GeekU Junior" beneath tuxmaster's screen name. Having said that I kind of think that you need to keep your yap shut UNTIL you come up with something like "TECH STAFF" "MODERATOR" or "TECH ACADEMY MODERATOR" under your screen name. um... did you by chance flunk out of GeekU?

Wendy

zbd

zbd

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
The Moderator put all that in....not me. I also was surprised by her (his) comments.
My suggestion related to Spybot but I guess they don't like people commenting about Spybot.
He (her) took my comments out and substituted those large red bad comments.

Very confusing to me because this even isn't a malware section.

I don't even know how to put red colors in.

Edited by zbd, 27 May 2007 - 03:07 AM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Whoever it was is suppose to add who did the corrections. More aspirins, Wendy? I still got plenty. :whistling: You'all have a nice memorial Weekend.

Ron

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi zbd,

I seriously doubt that, unless one of them steps forward, says "Oops!" and explains their lack of manners and absentmindedness I'm leaning towards a hacker. Not to worry though as I have taken your word that it indeed wasn't you.

Hi Major Payne,

I'm not all that sure that it was an absent minded moderator that altered that post because even when their ragging their not that rude people.

Awhile back I ran across someones negative comment that they had left on a post stating the fact that if they could figure out HOW to do it that THEY WOULD and close topics such as the one they were replying to because they were worthless.

The tone of the edit here has the same tone to it as the one that I'm taking about did and I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it was the same person.

Maybe some thought should be given to the idea that a hacker has actually cracked the G2G sites security and is just about to start wrecking havoc here on Geeks To Go.

Just something to think about...

Wendy