Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

question about topology and protocols

• Please log in to reply

Bruinaholic

Bruinaholic

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Hi, Someone asked me a question the other day and I wasn't sure if I answered right so I thought I would ask you guys who would know better than I, please?

IPX/SPX uses what kind of topology? I answered netware

Where does token ring is more effective? Wasn't sure how to answer this

Which topology offers the best redundancy? Would the answer be ring or mesh

I appreciate any help provided.

thanks

Advertisements

Bruinaholic

Bruinaholic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
bump

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

IPX/SPX uses what kind of topology? I answered netware

that's a stupid question...or at least a poorly worded question with regards to the other questions....IPX/SPX doesn't care about topology...though they may have been asking if it were connectionless or connection oriented? IPX is just like IP in that it's connectionless and SPX is like TCP in that it's connection oriented....and yeah...they're novel crapwa...er...netware

Which topology offers the best redundancy? Would the answer be ring or mesh

if we're talking single topology not hybrid or complex...then a full mesh topology is the most redundant...since every device is connected to every device....this is however rarely able to be done...so you usually get a star mesh or a ring mesh or a bus mesh kind of topology...but in the purest sense....a full mesh topology is the most redundant

the second question...makes a little less sense than it should...and i don't have an answer