Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

very odd situation here

• Please log in to reply

totallyspecced

totallyspecced

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Good evening Geeks :whistling:

Got a problem and want some info on what the heck is going on here. I'll try to give as much details as possible. To start out, I'm running Windows XP professional and this all seems to be happening when I'm browsing the internet. I am running Mozilla Firefox the latest version. So I'll be on a webpage that has a scroll button so I'm doing a lot of forum posting and out of no where, my screen starts acting like someone is forcully hitting the page up and page down button to force my screen up and down a thousand times within 3 seconds. If you can picture this, you've got your scroll bar literally going up to the top of the page and then it goes all the way down to the bottom of the page, and all I can see on my screen is this mass caos. I'm being told that its an issue with my video card, but I don't think that is the case. I started noticing problems when I installed kerio personal firewall and told it to block all javascript from webpages. BUT, does this sound like a video card problem?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Edited by totallyspecced, 26 May 2007 - 06:48 PM.

Advertisements

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
this is a mozilla glitch an sometimes uninstalling an downloading another instalation will fix this. do not reinstall the previous dowload. if you saved it, delete that one an download and install a fresh copy also running firefox in its safe mode might help for a quick fix :whistling:

totallyspecced

totallyspecced

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
So its a bug in the browser, thanks for the update :whistling:

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
that is correct