Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Referring to ISP

• Please log in to reply

STV0726

STV0726

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
Hey all. I see that you guys really know your stuff here, and don't put up with any junk here. I am the same way - my forums are very strict.

I have a question. I got the idea from you guys (and KaT, xD) about reporting people to their ISP. I know that you can find out their provider and trace their IP address. My question is, if they are vandalizing a board and are banned, but still evade the ban that is against most ISP's rules right?

I know my friend (he's been on GeeksToGo and is banned because he is corrupt) sent me 15 spam emails plus a trojan threat, and we called our ISP. They said call the police.

So it sounds like internet/forum stuff these days is taken pretty seriously.

Eh? I was just curious.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

I know my friend (he's been on GeeksToGo and is banned because he is corrupt) sent me 15 spam emails plus a trojan threat

He does this and you call him your friend?

Forums are taken very seriously, I don't even know what technically is possible but I certainly do not underestimate it! I wouldn't be surprised (well, I guess I would be a little) if someone knocked on my door and said "are you so-and-so on such-and-such a forum? I traced you here" :whistling:

People think that forums are a place where they can say anything because they're "invisible", just because a forum is a place where people connect in a different way than meeting in person. I believe that if people "change" when they are online, then it's the real self showing...

my forums

Where are your forums? Do you run a similar forum to G2G?