Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Explorer.exe Error

• Please log in to reply

Teddie1

Teddie1

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I start this game "GunZ: The Duel" and when it gets to the loading screen it shows an error to debug Explorer.exe i also get a read/write access memory error click ok to continue or cancel to debug. I've had this error for quite some time and i really don't want to get rid of GunZ since i have paid quite some money for premium items to use within the game. The error hasn't always been there and i don't particularly want to format as i would lose everything. Also once i'm in the game i cannot open anything at all it just errors with debug etc... it is beginning to get to me. I appreciate all help that is given. I have run Anti-virus scans found nothing no spyware etc.. just the usual tracking cookies that are found. I also ran registry cleaner etc.. found a few dud entries. Could someone please give me a push in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.
Ted.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
have you tried system restore yet...

Teddie1

Teddie1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Yes i tried system restore didn't resolve my problem unfortunately. I thought the [bleep] with it and went ahead with the format. After format i installed necessary updates for Windows XP Pro SP 2 the error is still there so i think it's to do with hardware, I believe that it's either memory or video card problem since it's read/write access memory and that it has happened to a few other applications too. Would you guys agree ? sorry for taking a while to reply.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Teddie1...

Bad RAM can give you these errors. Download the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool and create the disk for your machine as per the "Quick Start" instructions on the download page. Boot your machine with this disk and run at least 4 complete passes. If any of the tests fail, you have found the culprit. If you have more than one stick installed and get a failure...test again with one stick at a time installed until you locate the bad one.

wannabe1

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
EDIT ol' fast fingers wannabe1 ... :whistling: posted while I was rooting around try to find my canned response for this

Edited by happyrck, 04 June 2007 - 07:22 AM.

Teddie1

Teddie1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Ok I followed as instructed, Found absolutely no error at all which i find rather strange since i am still getting these errors. This is what it looks like;

Posted Image

Anymore suggestions ?.

Thanks, Ted

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Have you tried uninstalling gameguard though add remove programs.

What happens when you press OK?

Teddie1

Teddie1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
GameGuard is an anti-hack engine for the game and isn't mandatory. It's a must since "GunZ: The Duel" installs it. There is no way of playing GunZ without GameGuard. Sorry for that i forgot to state. That was just an example of what the error looks like i was wondering if this would be caused by bad RAM. By the way GameGuard isn't in the add/remove programs list either since it's just a few files installed with GunZ.

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Just to conferm your computer is otherwize functional except when you launch this game is that correct?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
did you test the RAM yet...
if its mostly happening in GunZ ...you may want to try the game support forum...here...

Advertisements

Teddie1

Teddie1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
It's happened on quite a few other applications too but the most is when i try to play this game, I've bought new memory and tried that the errors still cropped up i believe i have a faulty hard drive ? since it errors when it tries to read/write at that particular location. By the way thanks for all the replies much appreciate this.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
If you believe it's the hard drive, download HD Tune and run a full test, it may take some time, then post back with results.

The download link is in my signature below.

Cheers.

Teddie1

Teddie1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Thanks for your replies, Just running a full scan now. I reinstalled to a different location of the HD to distinguish whether it was that sector of the HD that was faulty, I didn't get the GameGuard error but i got another error instead something like "wuauclt.exe" or something after a little research on google i found out that this is the Windows Update process. I'll post results of HDTune when it's finished. Thanks again :whistling:

Results;

Posted Image

I don't see no errors with that =/ I'm really confused with what the cause could be.

Edited by Teddie1, 07 June 2007 - 09:31 PM.

Teddie1

Teddie1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
I clicked on the error tab and it said the status is ok. Any suggestions ?
Thanks for the replies i really appreciate this. :whistling:

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Does this error usually happen in Graphical Applications? AKA Games and media programs?