Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cretive Commons...

• Please log in to reply

interpolarity

interpolarity

• PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
I couldn't find the proper forum to put it in, but I thought I'd ask you guys, how does Creative Commons work? DO you have to submit your work in? If not, how does it know which work has the copyright?

Advertisements

interpolarity

interpolarity

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
nudge

(i need a reply soon please...)

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
web development is the proper forum for you :whistling:

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
From http://wiki.creativecommons.org/FAQ

For online works, you apply a Creative Commons license to a work by selecting the license that suits your preferences. Once you have selected your license, and if you are applying it to an online work, follow the instructions to include the html code in your work. This code will automatically generate the “Some Rights Reserved” button and a statement that your work is licensed under a Creative Commons license, or a “No Rights Reserved” button if you choose to dedicate your work to the public domain. The button is designed to act as a notice to people who come in contact with your work that your work is licensed under the applicable Creative Commons license. The html code will also be include the metadata that enables your work to found via Creative Commons-enabled search engines.

moved to random discussion since CC licenses can be applied to offline works

-Ryan