Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DDE Server

• Please log in to reply

shell38

shell38

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Hi

I am running windows xp media center ed. my computer has Ad-aware spy ware remover and AGV virus protection and both up to date and dont regulary.

The last week or so i have been having problems with the pc running slow and having to reboot it. but when i try to shut down i get the message DDE server not responding and either let it shut down or cancel it and it will not save any work that has not been saved.

I have tried doing a search for this problem and it does seem that alot of ppl are getting this but not many answers on other forums. From what i can tell DDE server is part of windows and is needed.

The only thing i have done lately to the pc that i can think of that may have caused this is the following:

Download yahoo messenger
Installed a externall 400 gig hardrive.

Any help with this matter would be great, as my pc has been really good been able to do so much at one time and not slow it down now cant seem to do more than one or two things. It now has 580 gig hard drive and 1024 ram with HT threading.

Many thanx shell

Advertisements